Honestly, these 3 specific steps mean success or failure. This article will allow you to see how these 3 steps can jump start and sustain getting what you want. Even more important, you’ll see how they will let you avoid the common errors most firefighters make because they don’t know how to avoid them.
Step #1: What Do You Want?
- Everyone needs to understand what you want in order to work towards reaching it.
- What’s most important about this is that it helps you get clear on what’s important to you.
- This step helps you get clarity and stay focused on reaching the goal that you want..
- Take a few minutes every day or week and write down what you actually want to accomplish.
Step #2: How Are You Going To Make It Happen?
- Here’s a simple step everyone needs to understand – You made your outcome clear in the first step, now you need to know how to take action to reach the outcome.
- Truth: If you figure out the action step that’s needed ahead of time, it makes it easier to make it happen later that day or week.
- This step is very important to every firefighter because, in order to reach the goals we want, we need to make it as easy as possible to take action on them. The more complicated an item is, the harder it will be to take action on it.
- My suggestion to you now is to prioritize these actions steps to be accomplished as soon as possible each day. The more you put them off, the less likely you will actually do them.
Step #3: DO THE WORK
- The #1 thing you need to understand with this is: We don’t get what we want, deserve, or think we should get. We only get what we are absolutely 100% committed to.
- Bottom Line: that if you do not have what you want, it simply means you have not done the work to achieve it yet..
- Understand this spells the difference between success and failure because we waste too much energy and time making excuses why we have not had the success we want. Stop making excuses and having pity parties for yourself. In the end, it comes down to you and the work you are doing or not doing.
- Do the work you say you’re going to do. Want a better body? Workout every day, eat whole foods and stay away from processed food.
Looking at the big picture, these 3 “getting what you want” steps add a big advantage for you as a firefighter. But never forget that “getting what you want success” and moving to the point where you reach the goals they want takes a lot more than you learned so far. Think of the article here as just the start of your journey towards getting a lot more facts about what it takes to join the ranks of successful firefighters.
Hey, by the way, if you’re a firefighter who wants to reach the goals they say they want, check out this planner – Company Officer Logbook!